Canada is the second-largest country in the world by landmass. It offers a range of attractions to travellers. The country is spread across five time zones with four distinct seasons, winter, spring, fall, and summer.
Hence, the climate and weather vary across the country. This can make it difficult for Indian travellers as changing temperatures and seasons can cause health issues. Also, to explore the country, you might have to travel long distances.
This exposes them to various risks associated with travelling to a foreign land. This makes it important to have a travel insurance Canada policy that offers coverage for medical and non-medical travel-related emergencies. Here are five frequently asked questions on Canada travel insurance.
5 FAQs About Travel Insurance Plan for Canada
- What things should I consider before visiting Canada?
There are two important things that you should keep in mind before visiting Canada:
- Climate – One of the best features of Canada is that you can experience the sun and snow at the same time. However, for Indian travellers, this can be a difficult change to handle. Hence, make sure that you pack accordingly.
- Diversity – Canada invites thousands of immigrants to its shores every year. As a traveller, you can expect to meet people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and speak different languages.
- What are some must-visit destinations in Canada?
Here are some must-visit destinations that you must consider on your trip to Canada:
- Niagara Falls – The famous waterfall that stands between the United States and Canada is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world.
- Okanagan Valley – It is famous for its fruit orchards and wineries.
- Ripley’s Aquarium – A 135000 square-foot aquarium with marine-themed games and crafts.
- Icefields Parkway – Nicknamed the Drive of a Lifetime, it is one of the most scenic drives in the world.
There are various other destinations like the Banff National Park & Lake Louise, Tofino, Columbia Icefields Skywalk, Maligne Lake, and many more.
- Do I need travel insurance to visit Canada?
While it is not mandatory for travellers to have an insurance policy to visit Canada, it is highly recommended that you get coverage for medical and non-medical emergencies before travelling to any foreign land. With changes in weather, water, food, and exposure to a new culture, there are various risks that you are exposed. With the right travel insurance policy, you can handle such emergencies without having to worry about managing the costs associated with them.
- How do I choose the best Travel Insurance Canada policy?
There are many insurers offering different types of destination Canada insurance plans. Before you buy one, make sure that you understand the extent of the coverage offered by them. Look at two aspects of the coverage – medical and non-medical. Compare providers and plans based on the features you need in the insurance. You can use a free online travel insurance premium calculator to ascertain the approximate cost of the policy you need.
- What is the coverage offered by a Travel Insurance Canada policy?
While the coverage can vary based on the insurer, here is what you can expect from most international travel insurance policies:
- Medical treatments and hospitalisation for a list of diseases and illnesses that can affect you while in Canada
- Loss or theft of baggage or personal belongings
- Cancellation or modification of flights or trip
- Injuries due to accidents or mishaps while on the trip
Many insurers also offer a range of add-on covers to help you customise the plan based on your specific needs. However, these add-ons can increase the premium of the policy. Therefore, make sure that you choose them carefully.
Canada is a large country with diverse topography. Weather conditions can change drastically within the country on the same day. Hence, many Indian travellers find it difficult to adapt to Canada’s climate. Further, with so many things to do in Canada, you are bound to travel extensively within the country. This exposes you to the risks of accidents and mishaps. With a Canada travel health policy, you can be assured of getting reimbursed for expenses incurred due to accidents, illnesses, baggage loss, theft, and a range of other reasons. It allows you to enjoy your trip without stressing out over the financial implications of any exigency.